Everything You Need to Become an Arkansas Notary, All in One Place
Welcome to the American Association of Notaries. Since 1994, we've helped hundred of thousands of people
in Arkansas and across the country become notaries. With our guidance and expertise, you will become
a skilled Arkansas notary capable of providing accurate and efficient notarial services.
That is our mission.
The American Association of Notaries is the only source you need to become an Arkansas notary. We can assist you with:
What Our Arkansas Customers Say
You've got a great company. What I saw on the website was exactly what I got. The quality of the merchandise surpassed what I expected. Plus, you gave me a free downloadable booklet AND free membership for a year. So, I commend you guys and thank you for a terrific experience.
I was so impressed by my notary stamp when I received it from your company today by UPS! I tried another place for my stamp, but was fooled by their advertisement that in all intents and purposes gave the impression of my requested notary stamp being included in the deal, but when received, I realized it was not--I got an embosser for my money, a lot to say the least. When I called to confirm, they stated it did not come with the order. I asked: "I guess I have to use my notary skills for now on if I ever intended on using your company again." It was truly a sad experience, until I bought from you!
I, too, am writing because when I opened the package, which got to the house in good condition, I noticed a letter inside stating my membership and the card was enclosed. When I looked for the card it was not in the package received from you. I would be grateful to your sending me the card so I can activate my membership online, ASAP! I hope I may receive some time in the near future from you.
Thanks for the "incredible experience of my buying from you..."
Thanks so very much for the stellar service I received with my initial order! My order was received accurately and within 24 hours even though it was during holiday season. I (and especially my client) can't thank you enough and will share my experience often.
I wanted to e-mail you guys and compliment your staff on excellent service. Very fast and professional from start to finish. Made sure everything was correct and I appreciate it. I will make sure all my future notary needs are obtained from American Association of Notaries. Very pleased with my purchase. Thank You
Shaun B. Morton
It amazes me how fast you get my orders out. Most places I’ve waited a couple weeks just for the Item to be shipped.
Thank you for sending the supplies so promptly. I look forward to my membership with you
Thank you for all of your help! I received my seal, embosser, and journal this afternoon (Friday) and all look correct.
Have a signature day!
Thank you for the quick turnaround on my recent order. Your web site was easy to use, the instructions for ordering were easy to follow, the payment process was flawless, and I received my order within five days. I appreciate it all.
Just completed the course over the weekend. Thanks for offering it! It will be a nice supplement to my legal academics.
Thank you for your prompt response to my request. I have theWestern Surety documents (the rider and POA). Your service has been excellent. I shall use your company in future and will highly recommend your firm to whomever I can. Thank you again for your excellent service.
Shop Our Arkansas Notary Supplies
Our notary stamps conform to Arkansas notary law requirements and are manufactured in-house using only the highest-quality materials.Shop
All of our Arkansas notary seal embossers are laser engraved and require minimal effort to produce sharp raised notary seal impressions.Shop
The AAN is one of the nation's top providers of quality notary supplies. We offer a lifetime warranty on all of our notary supplies.Shop
Our notary journals are easy to use and conform to Arkansas notary laws. Every notary supplies order includes a free e-notary guide.Shop
Informational Arkansas Notary Articles
How to Become an Arkansas Notary:
Compared to other states, Arkansas has few eligibility requirements to become a notary. The process is simple and affordable (from $50.00) for a ten-year Arkansas notary term. To become a notary in Arkansas, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a legal resident of the State of Arkansas
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S. resident
- Be able to read, write, and understand the English language
- Have not been convicted of a felony
- Have not have a notary commission revoked in the last ten years
If you meet these qualification requirements, follow the steps below to become an Arkansas notary.
- Review Arkansas notary law. All Arkansas notary public applicants are required to review and understand the Arkansas notary laws and pass a test administered by the Arkansas Secretary of State. Reading the Arkansas notary manual will help you understand the duties, powers, and prohibited acts and pass the notary exam. Click here to download the Arkansas notary manual.
- Pass a notary exam on the state website. Create a free account at http://bcs.sos.arkansas.gov. All new and renewing applicants are required to take a multiple-choice exam and must receive a passing grade of 80%. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to create an account, take the exam and start the application process on the Arkansas Secretary of State website.
- Complete an Arkansas notary application on the state’s website. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be immediately directed to the Arkansas notary application page. You must complete all the required steps of the application before logging out, otherwise you will have to take the exam again.
- Order a ten-year, $7500 Arkansas notary bond. The bond is required by the state to protect the public from errors made by the notary. The cost of the notary bond is $50.00. Click here to order an Arkansas notary bond.
- Mail your completed Arkansas notary application to the state. Print and return your completed online notary application with your original signature, copy of the surety bond and $20 application fee to the Secretary of State’s Office. You may also submit it by mail or in person. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing. If you include an email address while completing the notary application, you will receive a notification when your notary application has been accepted and processed.
- Purchase a notary stamp and a notary journal to authenticate and record notarized documents. All of our Arkansas notary stamps and seals are made inhouse and come with a lifetime warranty. No questions asked! We will ship your notary supplies once we receive a copy of your Arkansas notary commission certificate. Click here to order an Arkansas notary stamp and a record book.
Arkansas notary bonds and errors and omissions insurance policies provided by this insurance agency, the American Association of Notaries, Inc., are underwritten by Western Surety Company (established 1900). Kal Tabbara is a licensed insurance agent in Arkansas.